Individual Giving and Stewardship Manager
WHO ARE WE:
Gateway Arch Park Foundation is a non-profit conservancy dedicated to ensuring Gateway Arch National Park and its surroundings are a welcoming for all, vibrant, and well supported public space for generations to come. The Foundation partnered with the National Park Service, Great Rivers Greenway, Bi-State Development, City of St. Louis, and other civic interest groups to revitalize the Gateway Arch grounds, museum and surrounding areas. As the official philanthropic partner of Gateway Arch National Park, we fundraise to conserve, maintain, program and support education opportunities at the Park. Learn more about us and our exciting vision at www.archpark.org.
This is a unique opportunity to play an integral role in garnering support and attention for an international icon, the Gateway Arch. In order to effectively raise awareness and build support, we are seeking a dynamic, creative, dedicated, motivated, and passionate development professional to join our team. Under the direction of the Director of Development, the Individual Giving and Stewardship Manager will help build, manage, and enact all facets of our membership and annual giving program and formal stewardship program.
This is a full-time, exempt position in a flexible working environment. Benefits include, health, parking, 401K, long & short-term disability coverage. This position reports to the Director of Development.
The scope of this position includes:
MEMBERSHIP AND ANNUAL GIVING PROGRAM:
- Evaluate, enhance, and grow four-year old membership program. Manage the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of members and individual donors. Track member engagement.
- Manage and fulfill member benefits as well as build, maintain and enhance relationships with benefit partners.
- Proactively develop and cultivate members to strengthen their relationship with the
- Foundation through events and related giving opportunities in addition to membership.
- Relationship Management and Stewardship:
- Assist the Director of Development in creating a formalized stewardship plan for members and annual fund donors.
- Implement and manage member programs, including a monthly member tour and a thankathon programs.
- Assists the Director of Development in the planning and execution of donor recognition and cultivation events, including a Salon program, and fundraising events.
- Develop and implement strategies for donor acquisition, retention, and upgrades through personal visits, presentations, direct and electronic mail, and social media in coordination with the Director of Development.
- Create and manage annual/year-round giving campaigns via direct mail, phonathons, email and online appeals and campaigns.
- Create and manage the production of all materials needed for solicitation, cultivation and stewardship of members and donors, including brochures, letters, invitations, annual reports, donor lists, etc.
- Work with the communications team to develop material and to source donor stories in support of the membership and annual giving programs.
- Identify and secure speaking engagements with community groups to explain the Foundation’s mission and philanthropic needs.
- Serve as the primary staff liaison for our Friends Advisory Board. Engage and attract advisory board members. Attend board meetings and partner with our Friends Advisory Board to further their reach and impact for GAPF. Lead contact for the planning and execution of the annual Friends Advisory Board Picnic in Your Park fundraising event.
- Assists the Director of Development on the preparation of annual fundraising plan and year end reporting.
- Direct and manage multiple projects with competing priorities and time critical solutions.
- Set timelines, assign tasks, track progression and goals from inception to successful completion.
- Other Duties as Assigned
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Minimum 3-5 years of development experience. Experience in growing a membership program preferred.
- Bachelor degree required.
- Ability to develop effective partnerships with internal and external constituencies. • Working knowledge and appreciation of development and fundraising best practices. • Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with and understand the various perspectives of a wide range of constituents.
- Superb written and oral communication skills.
- Self-starter who is comfortable accepting responsibility for successfully achieving personal, team and organization goals and objectives.
- Exceptional project management skills, managing multiple projects and deadlines with strict attention to quality and detail.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. Working knowledge of Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge CRM is preferred. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and other design software is a plus.
- Passion for St. Louis, National Parks, and the positive impact the Foundation has on Gateway Arch National Park, the City of St. Louis, and the region. A track record of community and professional involvement is preferred.
- Willingness to work on other duties as assigned in a small collaborative team of non profit professionals.
- The individual must be able to perform the essential functions of the job satisfactorily as outlined in this job description; where necessary for a qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job, reasonable accommodations will be provided.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is often exposed to outside weather conditions while moving between various park buildings and on park trails. The noise level in the office environment is moderate to quiet. Employees are regularly required to stay stationary in an office environment.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends and occasional holidays when necessary. • All employees of Gateway Arch Park Foundation are subject to mandatory background checks upon hiring.
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status, pregnancy, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other class, trait, or status protected by law.
Gateway Arch Park Foundation is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
NEXT STEPS: If you are qualified and interested, take the next step, and send your resume and cover letter or send to email@example.com. All resume submissions will be treated as confidential.