Individual Giving & Membership Manager
Development role supporting the Gateway Arch, its grounds and neighboring public space now and for generations to come.
WHO WE ARE:
Gateway Arch Park Foundation (formerly the CityArchRiver Foundation) is a non-profit organization partnered with the National Park Service, Great Rivers Greenway, City of St. Louis, Bi-State Development, Jefferson National Parks Association, and other civic interest groups to revitalize the Gateway Arch grounds, museum and surrounding areas. The Foundation successfully raised $250 million in support of the CityArchRiver project which opened in July 2018. The organization has transitioned to a conservancy, continuing to oversee new projects that will improve the visitor experience, collaborating with public partners, and fundraising for annual operations, maintenance and programming needs and the endowment to meet the future needs of operations, maintenance and programming for the finished project areas. Major current fundraising initiatives include growing a three-year-old membership program, annual fundraising, major gifts, and sponsorships to meet short and long term revenue goals. In addition, in the coming years we will run an endowment campaign that will provide sustained support for the project renovations. Learn more about us and our exciting vision at www.ArchPark.org
We are seeking a dynamic, creative and passionate development professional who will work closely with our Director of Development as a member of the development team. Under the direction of the Director of Development, the Individual Giving and Membership Manager works with senior staff, members of the development and communications team, and volunteers in the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of our Members and individual donors to the Foundation’s annual giving program.
Reports to: Director of Development
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate, enhance and grow three-year old membership program. Manage the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of members and individual donors. Track member engagement.
- Manage and fulfill member benefits as well as build, maintain and enhance relationships with benefit partners.
- Implement and manage member programs.
Relationship Management and Stewardship:
- Proactively develop and cultivate members to deepen their relationship with the Foundation through events and related giving opportunities in addition to membership.
- Assists the Director of Development in the planning and execution of donor recognition and cultivation events, including a Salon program.
- Develop and implement strategies for donor acquisition, retention and upgrades through personal visits, presentations, direct and electronic mail, and social media in coordination with the Director of Development.
- Create and manage annual/year-round giving campaigns via direct mail, phonathons, email and online appeals, and thankathon campaigns.
- Coordinates production of all materials needed for solicitation, cultivation and stewardship of members and donors, including brochures, letters, invitations, annual reports and donor lists, etc.
- Work with the communications team to develop material and to source donor stories in support of the membership program.
- Identify and secure speaking engagements with community groups to explain the Foundation’s mission and philanthropic needs.
- Serve as primary staff liaison for our Young Friends Advisory Board. Engage and attract advisory board members. Attend board meetings and partner with our Young Friends to further their reach and impact for GAPF.
- Assists the Director of Development on the preparation of annual fundraising plan.
- Manage or assist with other Foundation projects and events as needed.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Minimum of 3-5+ years development and fundraising experience, or related experience and training.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record.
- An individual who is articulate, creative, goal-oriented and self-motivated.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to develop effective partnerships with internal and external constituencies.
- Working knowledge and appreciation of development and fundraising, including best practices in identifying and stewarding donors.
- Experience in growing a membership program is preferred.
- The ability to work nights and weekends as needed for Foundation events.
- Excellent computer skills including intermediate level of proficiency or above with Microsoft office applications. Working knowledge of development database software is a plus.
- Appreciation of the value of Gateway Arch National Park to the region, and the ability to effectively represent Gateway Arch Park Foundation and reflect organizational values. Passion for our mission and motivation to exceed expectations in order to make a positive contribution to the organization and greater community.
- Ability to stand and sit for extended periods of time while staffing both indoor and outdoor events throughout the year.
If you are qualified and interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. All resumes and inquiries will be treated as confidential.
Equal Opportunity Employer