Who We Are
Gateway Arch Park Foundation is a non-profit conservancy dedicated to ensuring Gateway Arch National Park and its surroundings are welcoming for all, vibrant, and well supported public spaces for generations to come. The Foundation partnered with the National Park Service, Great Rivers Greenway, Bi-State Development, City of St. Louis, and other civic interest groups to revitalize the Gateway Arch grounds, museum and surrounding areas. As the official philanthropic partner of Gateway Arch National Park, we fundraise to conserve, maintain, program and support education opportunities at the Park. Learn more about us and our exciting vision at www.archpark.org.
This is a unique opportunity to contribute to St. Louis’ long-term vision for and development of Gateway Arch National Park and its surrounding areas downtown. The Digital Content Coordinator will also gain broad experience with advertising, media relations, community engagement and more, while specializing in digital content production and marketing. The Digital Content Coordinator is tasked with educating various audiences about topics and events concerning the CityArchRiver project area, defined as Kiener Plaza, the Arch grounds and Riverfront. The individual will play an integral role in conducting communications, community engagement, project coordination and fundraising efforts for the Foundation.
This is a full-time, exempt position in a flexible working environment. Benefits include, health, parking, 401K, long & short-term disability coverage. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Communications and works in coordination with the communications, development and events staff.
The scope of this position includes:
- Create and manage digital content – including video, photo and graphics – for social media, website, newsletters and other channels; track performance over time
- Establish production schedules for social media channels and website; determine placement of stories and accompanying materials; coordinate with graphic designer, web developer and photographers as needed
- Under general direction, lead GAPF social media strategy implementation across various social platforms
- Contribute to the development of online “blog” strategy and content
- Become team lead on email marketing platform and work with vendor to enhance services
- Interview various stakeholders and write accompanying articles
- Perform research related to Gateway Arch National Park for storytelling purposes (i.e., through internet resources, database searches, stakeholder interviews, museum visits, etc.)
- Create and edit presentations
- Help staff community events
- Assist in fundraising efforts, supporting outreach and events
- Provide training and support for project and Foundation volunteers
- Actively seek out inspiration and bring fresh ideas to communications strategy
- Work within a collaborative, team environment
- Maintain a regular and reliable level of attendance and punctuality
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Required Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, public relations, video production or a related field (equivalent experience would be considered)
- At least 2-5 years of professional experience in communications, public relations, marketing,community engagement or related field
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience creating engaging videos using video editing software/apps
- Strong social media skills, including management, operation and strategy
- Possess a high level of energy, enthusiasm and initiative, as well as vision and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Results-focused approach and commitment to go the extra mile
- Strong interpersonal skills, with willingness to make phone calls and chat in person with Arch visitors and other community members frequently
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience managing multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Hands-on participation with event booth set-up and staffing
- Ability to utilize computer keyboard and sit for extended periods of the workday
- This position may also attend programming events and may often be exposed to outside weather conditions while moving between various park buildings and trails and attending events
- Willing to work on some weekends, evenings and holidays
- The individual must be able to perform the essential functions of the job satisfactorily as outlined in this job description; where necessary for a qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job, reasonable accommodations will be provided
- All employees of Gateway Arch Park Foundation are subject to mandatory background checks upon hiring
Computer & Software Skills
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Pro a plus
- Website CMS experience a plus
- Excellent skills in all Microsoft Office programs (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Experience with GoPro and DSLR cameras a plus
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite design software encouraged, but not necessary
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status, pregnancy, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other class, trait, or status protected by law.
Gateway Arch Park Foundation is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
NEXT STEPS: If you are qualified and interested, take the next step and send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All resume submissions will be treated as confidential.