WHO WE ARE:
Gateway Arch Park Foundation (formerly the CityArchRiver Foundation) is a non-profit organization partnered with the National Park Service, Great Rivers Greenway, City of St. Louis, Bi-State Development, Missouri Department of Transportation, and other civic interest groups to revitalize the Gateway Arch National Park, museum, and surrounding areas. The Foundation successfully raised $250 million in support of the CityArchRiver project which opened in July 2018. Long-term, the organization has transitioned to a conservancy, continuing to oversee new projects that will improve the visitor experience, collaborating with public partners, and fundraising for the endowment to meet the future needs of operations, maintenance, and programming for the finished project areas.
This position is full-time. The Communications Coordinator is tasked with educating various audiences about topics and events concerning the CityArchRiver project area, defined as Kiener Plaza, the Gateway Arch National Park, and the Riverfront. The individual will play an integral role in conducting communications, community engagement, project coordination, and fundraising efforts for the Foundation. This position reports to the Director of Communications and works in coordination with the communications, development, and activation staff.
- Manage the Foundation’s digital properties (website, social media, video, etc.), including day-to-day operation and strategy development.
- Draft and develop marketing materials, draft content and manage distribution of print and e-newsletters
- Perform research projects (i.e. through internet resources, database searches, stakeholder interviews, etc.) quickly and comprehensively.
- Assist in fundraising efforts, supporting outreach and events
- Provide training and support for project and Foundation volunteers
- Staff community events
- Create and edit presentations
- Work within a collaborative, team environment
- Maintain a regular and reliable level of attendance and punctuality
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, communication, marketing or a related field
- At least 2-5 years of professional experience in communications, public relations, marketing, community engagement or related field
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong social media skills, including operation and strategy
- Possess a high level of energy, enthusiasm, and initiative as well as vision and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong skills and experience in social media management and operation
- Results-focused approach and commitment to go the extra mile
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail
- Experience managing multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Willing to work on some weekends and holidays
- Familiarity with WordPress or other web content management system preferred
- Excellent skills in all Microsoft Office programs (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite design software encouraged, but not necessary
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator a plus
- Excellent computer proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience with GoPro and DSLR cameras is a plus
- Website CMS experience is a plus
- Experience in and Adobe Premiere is a plus
- Ability to utilize computer keyboard and sit for extended periods of the workday
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 20 lbs. when transporting supplies
- Hands-on participation with event and booth set up and staffing
If you are qualified and interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to info@ArchPark.org. All resumes and inquiries will be treated as confidential.
Equal Opportunity Employer